ASK OUR CLINICIAN2018-06-20T09:50:44+00:00

Ask Our Clinician

The Herren Project provides access to a team of licensed professionals who are dedicated to answering questions and providing support to students, individuals and families struggling with Substance Use Disorder (SUD).  Use the form below to submit a question for one of our licensed clinicians and someone will get back to you shortly.


First Name
Last Name
What should I do if I find someone who has overdosed and is unresponsive?2018-06-13T13:32:26+00:00

Call, or have someone call 911 immediately. DO NOT try and provide any care to the individual prior to making this call. If you have NARCAN* administer it immediately after the 911 call has been made. If the person is not breathing, and you are certified in CPR, begin the process of life saving measures until emergency services have arrived or the individual has begun breathing on their own.

*NARCAN, also known as naloxone, is a life saving medicine that can reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. It can be obtained over the counter at most local pharmacies.

How do I get into treatment?2018-06-20T10:04:25+00:00

THP has worked to partner with reputable facilities across the country that provide quality treatment for substance use disorder. We offer a team of professionals that can help you to navigate the process. Our team can be reached at (844) 543-8555 or you can fill out our application and you will hear from a member of our team within 24 hours.

What is a detox?2018-06-13T13:32:41+00:00

A drug and alcohol detox is a medical facility where people go to break the addiction to a physically addictive substance. A stay usually lasts 5-7 days. Common physically addictive substances that require detox for medical stabilization are: opiates (such as heroin, percocet, vicodin, oxycontin), alcohol, benzodiazepine (such as klonopin, valium, Xanax). Many of these substances can be dangerous to detox without proper medical care.

What is rehab?2018-06-13T13:32:48+00:00

A rehabilitation facility is an inpatient facility where people go to break the dependency on a psychoactive substance such as alcohol, prescription drugs, and street drugs. The typical stay is 28 days.

What is a CSS?2018-06-13T13:32:55+00:00

CSS stands for clinical support services. It is a residential post detoxification treatment program for men and women in recovery from addiction to drugs and alcohol. These programs serve clients who need a transitional phase of treatment between detoxification and longer term care, and offer clinical services. CSS programs typically last anywhere from 10-14 days.

What is a TSS?2018-06-13T13:33:04+00:00

TSS stands for transitional support services. It is a program similar to a CSS (see ‘what is a css?’ above), but without the clinical component.

What is a half way house?2018-06-13T13:33:11+00:00

A half way house is a transitional living facility typically utilized after an inpatient stay for those in recovery from substance use disorder. Some half way houses require residents to pass routine drug and alcohol screening. These residences are typically in the community, and assist people in reintegration post treatment. Half way houses are typically staffed 24 hours a day, but do not offer clinical services.

What is a sober house?2018-06-13T13:33:19+00:00

A sober house is a residence within the community that is typically overseen by a house manager that is in long term recovery. Many sober houses require residents to pass routine drug and alcohol screening, and offer a structured supportive environment for those in the early stages of recovery.

What should I do if I need help and I’m under the age of 18?2018-06-13T13:33:25+00:00

Reach out to a trusted adult in your community, such as a counselor, a parent, a teacher, or a coach. They can assist you on finding the proper resources in your community.